Friday, July 1, 2011

A new car, winter stews, pet snails and days at home.

I am feeling like I have spent a lot of time within these four walls of home the last few weeks. Something to do with the kids and I all having had winter colds in progression, the wet weather this past week (It actually feels strange to have had rain every day this week. There hasn't been a lot of rain the last few winters.) and still being on the lookout for a car that fits all 5 of us including 3 booster seats for the kids. Yeh- hubby found a car, a Holden Commodore. Apparently we are officially Aussie bogans now! :) I just appreciate having a vehicle to take the kids to school in.

So here are a few photos from our days at home:

I tried a beef casserole this week for the first time, cooked for 3 hours in the oven. I thought it turned out really well and hubby was even surprised that it had so much flavour after I convinced him that he didn't need to add chilli to it. Just heaps of freshly cracked pepper!

The recipe was an amalgamation of several recipes. I had an amount of casserole beef I wanted to use as well as mushrooms. Then ended up adding crushed garlic, diced celery, carrots, tomato paste, water, bay leaf, fresh thyme and chopped parsley from the garden as well as several onions quartered and mushrooms at the end. Of course I had to add some spices so went with coriander and cumin powder as a stock replacement. It was lovely to have the warmth and aroma spread through the house from dinner cooking in the oven. Definitely will cook it again!

Our daughter is crazy about snails. She's even had a cry or two over the fact that she can't find any more snails in our backyard. Even though its because she has collected them all on previous occasions. Fortunately a friend has said she can go and find snails in their backyard.
For a week we had a pet snail living under our dining table. It was fun to find out where he was each morning. That is until he got tragically stepped on by me as I was walking to the laundry. We had a few tears over that one.


The crazy family and the new car. Very thankful to God for His good provision and hubby's hard work in looking for a vehicle!

Our gorgeous 5 month old baby.

Proving that Dad still can get all 3 offspring on his lap at once and the chair does not collapse.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment