Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Making Your Own Cleaning Products- Glass Cleaner

Ok one of my goals this year has been to make my own cleaning products instead of buying commercially made products. One reason is that I think it makes sense to cut down on the number of chemicals that are used around the home as well as being better for the budget. However the reality of my life since having No 3 is that wanting to do these things is easier than actually doing them. So my first attempt at this has been to make my own glass cleaner. Very easy! The recipe I used I found over on the Green Goddess website. Sign up for her newsletter for lots of great ideas for around the home. You just simply add 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water. I filled up my existing window cleaner spray bottle with it. You can add a few drops of essential oil to mask the smell of the vinegar if you want and rub on with newspaper. All clean! The tricky part is trying to get my kids to stop using the mirrors to make faces on or do push ups against like Dad does and so leave marks on them.

Love to hear your ideas about this topic and what you do to use more natural products around the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment