Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Slowing Down

I was going to start this post but I have just been challenged to slow down and simplify so I am heading outdoors for 5 minutes, maybe more. Taking my youngest little man with me.

Back again and oh how good it is to have time out to just sit outdoors. To observe native birds drinking nectar from the flowers on our tree and washing flapping on the line and listen to the ducks quacking and splashing in their bath and feel the warm breeze... I get in touch with how exhausted I am feeling right now and I hear God saying to me that He knows that I am tired and though I think I can't cope with the demands of my life right now He gives me strength. Its His grace that I need to live a full and abundant life not my own effort and ability. Somehow I feel more rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment