Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tomatoes are Yellow!

One of the heirloom tomatoes growing in our garden. Tastes just like the usual red tomato! Only thing is its a huge vine and I've only gotten two fruit off the plant. So not very productive. Thinking of pulling it out for the chooks.


Speaking of chooks- one of my new layers has decided to go broody. No eggs for her this time. I decided it was too much hassle and so I'm trying to shove her off where she's sitting any chance I get. Then I've got two hens mothering one chick. That's all that left. And my other new layer is recovering from a head wound and so has gone off the lay. So no eggs at the moment. I'm in the middle of building them a new pen. I'm converting an area of our lawn for them so hopefully all my effort will be much appreciated and they'll lay me lots of lovely eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment