Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What a crazy, busy long weekend...

What a crazy, busy long weekend but a lot of fun catching up with family and friends. After a week or more of sickness we are all almost over it.

So Friday Kalyani, Shaan and I spent the morning at AWQA with Aunty Julie. Thanks Aunty Julie for taking us! It reminded me how amazing our world is and the diversity of creatures that make it up. Definately could have spent longer looking at everything. Loved the touch pool- sting rays, fish and starfish. Walking underneath sharks was awesome. Kalyani was scared of them until she started to realise they couldn't get to her through the glass. Shaan was even awake to have a look at them though I think he was more interested in the light coming through the water.



We also headed down to Jarrahdale on the weekend to meet up with some good friends from down South. Jarrahdale has lots of walk trails and places to picnic as the lady at the information centre told me in great detail. That was a blessing especially as the place we intended to picnic at was closed to car access. So we spent the afternoon at Langford Park playing soccer and frisbee, eating, bush walking, playing on play equipment, more eating...

and throwing stones into the lake...

checking out the wild life...

enjoying the beauty of the bush...

and cooking and more eating!!

Then yesterday we got to enjoy my SIL yummy cooking and hang out with family. Thanks Hazel for making such a great lunch for all of us! That meant that Kalyani got to run amoke with her cousins and Shaan basically got cuddled for the whole time he was awake.

My freezer meal for this past week was good old bolanaise sauce. Very quick and easy to make! I like to hide lots of vegies in mine- grated carrot, zucchini and chopped up celery. At the moment I am running out of freezer space especially when I buy meat for the month in bulk. That's a good problem to have.

I am slowly getting through the weeding in the backyard and finishing my vegie garden for spring. I am trying to do a little bit at a time because of my back. So at the moment it feels like there's so much to do and very little progress. Its frustrating! Hit's told me though that he actually likes the look of the tall lush green grass and weeds out of control reminds him of growing up in India. Hmm- I am trying to look at the backyard from that perspective more.

This is my first week of having Kalyani at daycare for only one day instead of two. Its good that it starts from a long weekend so hopefully the week will go pretty quick. I have been finding that having her in daycare two days a week while a break for me was restricting in what I could do with my days. And who would think, I was getting bored with so much free time! Must be crazy! Plus I am hoping that we can settle into more of a routine at home. I know some Mums like going out every day and so plan activities outside the home for every day of the week. I actually like having at least 2-3 days a week at home. More than that and I struggle with the lack of adult conversation. Less than that at home and I think we all get too tired (babies definately sleep better at home) and the quality of the activity is not worth it compared to spending one on one time with Kalyani and Shaan. What do I do? There's always stuff to do that I find it hard having time for housework, craft projects etc. I am more consistent with having structured activities including rest time during the day which makes a huge difference in Kalyani's behaviour.

I'll leave you with this photo of our cat Hermes whose usual sleeping spot is Kalyani's couch (when she's not around of course!). However this day Kalyani had used the couch as part of her cubby so Hermes made the best of an awkard situation and decided to have a nap on top of it all. Makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment