Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lately...

Playing with bubbles while I hang washing last Friday. Making the most of a day without rain.



Finally planted the mandarin tree we got given when Shaan was born. That's how long its been sitting out in the backyard waiting to be planted. A bit of a dodgy activity considering my back has been really painful lately. I am off to see the physio again next week. Hopefully I'll see some improvement quickly because I am finding it frustrating. Kalyani helped with the digging but then got distracted with the fun of jumping in the big hole we had created. Even as I was trying to fill it in with soil.

We got to catch up with my brother and sister-in-law and their kids on Father's Day. They have just moved into their lovely brand new house and so we got to see that. Kalyani had a great time playing with her cousins and it was hard to get her to leave at the end of the time. But how much running around can one do? Plenty if you asked her.

Shaan having cuddles with Uncle Graham. What a face!

Hit got given a lovely feathered tie and card for Father's Day from Kalyani that she had made at family daycare. She had a hard time waiting until Sunday to show him. Yes- he did wear it to work on Monday though not sure how long it stayed on.

I have got out the playset for Shaan now. He is just starting to work out what to do with his hands. Its fun watching him notice the clowns and how they move when his hands hit them.




Utilised a moment of sunshine yesterday and weeded my "no-dig" garden. Mainly it was grass growing through from the lawn that was underneath. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was easy to pull out and the soil was rich, crumbly and very moist (all the rain we have had lately) with some earthworms in there. Amazing how the stuff we added like the shredded office paper from work and bales of hay had been completely broken down. Thanks Miriam for helping me get it started. Looking forward to planting a new crop of vegetables.

I am finally doing a vegetarian freezer meal this week. I cooked Dhansak which is probably my favourite dhal. Its a mixture of lentils and vegetables (I used toor dhal, urid dhal, split peas, moong beans and red beans and eggplant, capisicum and zucchini) cooked up with onion, garlic, ginger and spices. Delicious! Actually was reading that traditonally mutton is added to it. So might try that with some of it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment