Friday, July 10, 2009

God is faithful!

Ok I've got to show off my 70 cents spending spree. I found these plates in a local op shop and I thought they would a good replacement for ones that were broken recently without buying a complete new set.


I have been really struggling emotionally and physically this past week. Wednesday I seemed to hit bottom- poor Kalyani had to put up with a very grumpy Mum. So I decided to read some of my journal entries from 2006 when I was expecting Kalyani. I just didn't remember it being as dificult as what I had been finding it this time. The funny thing is- it was way more stressful than what I am going through now because of certain things happening at that time. How easy it is to forget! So instead of continuing to complain its helped me appreciate the blessings I have now and to express a lot more thankfulness.

So I am thankful for:
* How Hit has been really supportive of me and helpful with looking after Kalyani.
* Having more wisdom and maturity than I did 3 years ago. Though still got plenty of growing to do.
* Being more experienced in managing our household and living off one income.
* Being established in our own home (God's miracle provision for us) and having some great friends close by.

Then yesterday I got to catch up with two of my Aunties and be encouraged through talking about God's faithfulness. We were all sharing situations where we had trusted God and prayed and seen God provide what we weren't able to do in our strength. How amazing and faithful is our God!

So today I decided to put that faith thing into practice and trust God that he would provide what I needed to get through this day at home with Kalyani and the challenge of no car, feeling tired and it raining most of the day. We actually had a great day together! Thanks God!

These photos were from last weekend when visited a local dam and park. It was very empty- no wonder we are having complete sprinkle bans this winter.


A very happy birthday to this gorgeous man!

1 comment:

  1. Love a bargain and love your coloured plate. God is faithful, He has proved himself time and time again to me over the past few months, How easily we forget sometimes. It is good to keep his faithfulness on record and go back and read about about where we have come and how he has provided. Glad to hear that you had a good day and Happy Birthday to your lovely husband.

    ReplyDelete