Thursday, February 19, 2009

This Amazing Lady!


On Friday we got together with family and friends to celebrate the life of my grandma, Beryl Parkinson who passed away on the 13th Feb. One thing that really spoke to me from what people shared at the funeral and from my own experience of knowing her was her faithfulness to God to the very end. My grandma experienced a lot of physical suffering over her life time with many trips to hospital, operations and constant pain. Yet it amazes me that she didn't give up on God and become angry, complaining, bitter about it all. Instead she saw her sickness as an opportunity from God to be a witness and an encouragement to people she met in waiting rooms, hospital rooms, patients and staff. I don't know if I would be able to see things that way if it was me...
But thanks Grandma for your example and for being someone who lived life well despite the difficulties and suffering along the way! What an inheritance!

1 comment: