Saturday, December 27, 2008

The direction of your dreams...

I seem to do a lot of thinking and journalling at this time of year. I spend time reflecting on the year that's gone, the lows and the highs and whether things have happened as I expected them to. 2008 has been a fairly hard year for us- health wise, financially, work and family stuff. Yet I can express thankfulness for the evidence of God's faithfulness throughout this time and that there has been heaps of improvement in some of these areas.

Then I also think and journal about this coming year. I like to keep written records of stuff because I find it interesting looking back over it. What I would like to see happen, what will possibly be highs and lows from the events I do know will be happening in our family, what growth I want to see happen in my own life and changes in day to day living. So I guess my New Year's Resolutions are more an expression of the desires of my heart- what I want my marriage to look like, how I want to grow as a parent, how I want to grow in my relationship with God and the areas of life that are important to focus on rather than a To Do List. Plenty of time to make those in the coming year. Way more fun and inspiring to dream! And to do so knowing that is the power of God that makes all these things possible.

Live your life while you have it. Life is a splendid gift- there is nothing small about it.
Florence Nightingale

No comments:

Post a Comment