Monday, September 29, 2008

A Glorious Day!

This was so what we needed today! After several cold, overcast and rainy days it was great to be outside and soaking up the sunshine. For the first time in almost a year we decided to head out to the closest beach to us (about 1/2 hr drive) and have a picnic lunch. Kalyani, the observer, watched what the other kids were doing and then decided she wanted to be in the water too. Too cold for me I got to lie in the sun. So relaxing! Everyone had a lot of fun!




How thankful I am for days like today! A reminder in the midst of some stressful stuff happening in our lives that life can be good. Kalyani handed me a book this morning and I happened to read a chapter on showing grace in your family relationships. That was timely for me. One aspect of grace is that we are loved and accepted regardless of our behaviour. Yesterday I had one of those days when I could not recall any pleasant moments I had with Kalyani and went to bed feeling like such a terrible a parent. Lots of condemnation! Thank goodness that how badly we behave does not affect our heavenly Father's love for us.

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...

A big part of my struggle to show grace to Kalyani and Hit lately and consequently relate badly is because I haven't been making the effort to spend time with God each day. Its only when I start feeling really dry - like I have come to the end of myself and have no more inner resources to respond well to people, situations etc that I work it out. Arrh- why do I leave it until I am really desperate? My pride of course, thinking I can live my life successfully on my own. How thankful I am for grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment