Friday, August 29, 2008

Off to the zoo tomorrow

I am at home tonight and I am meant to be cooking a birthday cake for Kalyani. She turns 2 on Sunday! We are off to the zoo tomorrow morning to meet up with family and friends. It should be a great time! I didn't realise that so many people were interested in checking out the animals. Having kids does give you opportunity to do things you wouldn't normally make time to do I reckon.

I am also feeling the disappointment of not getting a job I applied for this week. I had the interview today and they've already let me know I wasn't chosen. Though something else that has come out of it is that I have been considered for another position in my current workplace. It would mean working 3 days a week- I only work 2 days at the moment. But I am so wanting a change in what I am doing. Really my heart is to be at home more...

You have to check out Sharmaine's entry in the last round for Project Scrapaway. Her work is amazing! I love the theme she chose.

Ok better go and make that cake. Our daughter is so funny... I was singing Happy Birthday to her to prepare her for tomorrow and she starts blowing at the end of the song. She already knows it has something to do with blowing out candles!

2 comments:

  1. All the best with the job hunting and finding something that 'fits'. Have fun at the zoo. Happy Birthday to Kalyani!!!
    Thanks for your support in PSA, did you see you won a prize on my blog? if you email me, skruijver@hotmail.com I will post it off to you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your job. You know things have a way of working out in the end suprisingly it could look different to the way that you plan.
    Sounds like little k is growing and learning all about life. Its great that you are taking an effort to celebrate her. It will be a sense of worth that she hopefully carry with her to adulthood.
    I bet she had a good time at the zoo, cheeky girl, i hope you put some pictures on the blog and also don't forget her favourite animals.
    lots of love and sillyness xxx h.p

    ReplyDelete