Monday, August 11, 2008

Dreading it but it turned out great!

This past weekend was one of those weekends I spent all week dreading.  Not because it was going to be horrible.  Simply because we had so many things on and I was unable to imagine how I would get through everything.  But the amazing thing is that I am not as tired or drained as I thought I would be even after working today- thanks God!  And I got to spend time with some great people over the weekend.  

We got to go to Craigh's 3o something birthday party :) and join in with celebrating the start of the Olympics with a few games of our own.

We also got to catch up with some friends visiting from Adelaide and their two kids.  Kalyani had great fun playing with them and running around the house after each other- very noisy!  

Then Sunday I ended up doing my Kidzchurch roster (boy do I find it hard to make decisions sometimes about what I should be prioritising)  and then going to a Tear afternoon with our good friend Miriam who was staying with us this past week.  The speakers were Karin and Vinoth Ramachandra from Sri Lanka and what they presented was very thought provoking about faith and the workplace.  But the cool thing for me was that I had actually met Karin over 10 years ago when we were both in India with YWAM.  So I got to chat with her abit about her life and mine- living cross culturally as a woman, cross cultural marriages, YWAM/ TEAR.  I think for me it was a reminder of some of the things I use to be passionate about back then.  Maybe that's some of that stuff I am to look at again... hmm.  This was Karin's first visit to Perth and I just happend to meet up with her.  I am amazed at how God works out events in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment