Monday, July 7, 2008

The Secret of Contentment

OK I think God is trying to teach me something about contentment. Sat night I was talking with gorgeous Angie and she mentioned learning to be content in her life. That struck a cord with me and so Sunday morning I was thinking about it. Usually in the morning I try and read something helpful for the day and I was tossing up reading the verses in Philippians where Paul writes about being content in every situation or reading my devotion for the day. I chose the devotion... AND IT HAPPENED TO BE ON THE TOPIC OF CONTENTMENT!!!

"If you are not happy with what you have, you will never be satisfied with what you want." Emily Barnes

I find it very amazing when God gets my attention about something in such a clear way. This is where I am at in the sense that there are several things I want to be different in my life right now. I do feel like this is a time of waiting, a time of preparation for what I am to be doing in the future. Also that it is right to keep on asking and keep on seeking... But I am challenged with hope to focus on "learning the secret of contentment" as Paul says. Practically I think it means be thankful in the circumstances I find myself in whether change happens soon or not. Am I able to be content whether I have plenty or whether I have little? I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. It was great to visit yours too. I loved what you wrote here. This is something I keep hearing in all different ways. I guess the Lord has something to tell me!

    ReplyDelete